The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada is pleased to announce the speakers for its highly anticipated Rubber Recycling Symposium, which will take place on October 4-5 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
“This year’s event is going to be one for the books. Our 2023 lineup is comprised of stellar speakers from key global markets, including the Americas, Asia, Australia, and Europe; and brings some of the true experts and leaders in their respective fields,” says Carol Hochu, President and CEO of TRAC. “Simply put, the attendees will be privy to a very comprehensive programme: On day one, they will receive an overview of the state of Extended Producer Responsibility [EPR] tyre models, regulations, and legislature from the point of view of Canada, Australia, Italy and Sweden, and an update on bills and bans in the U.S.A. and Europe. Of course, I can’t omit our keynote speaker, Dr. Larisa Kryachkova, Executive Director, the Tire Industry Project (TIP).
On day two, the attendees will hear from Pirelli, Michelin, and Bridgestone on what drives sustainability in tyre manufacturing; about developments in markets for Rubber Modified Asphalt, Tyre Derived Aggregate, Tyre Derived Products, and Tyre Derived Fuel, and much more. As always, our highly sought-after CEO Panel will conclude the event.”
Session highlights and speakers at-a-glance include:
- Keynote: Dr. Larisa Kryachkova, Executive Director, the Tire Industry Project (TIP) of the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (virtual)
- Barry Takallou, President & CEO, CRM & Chair, TRAC ELT Committee
- Bob Ferguson, Programme Manager, Canadian Association of Tire Recycling Agencies (CATRA)
- Steve Meldrum, CEO, eTracks Tire Management Systems
- Louis Gagne, Research & Planning Officer, Recyc Quebec
- Frank LeBlanc, CEO, Recycle New Brunswick
- John Sheerin, Director End-of-life Tire Programs, U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)
- Federico Dossena, General Manager, Ecopneus ScpA
- Fredrik Ardefors, CEO, SDAB (Swedish Tire Recycling Association)
- Lina Goodman, CEO, Tyre Stewardship Australia
- Sarah Amick, Senior Vice President and Senior Counsel, U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)
- Alex Van Gelderen, Manager, ELT and Circularity, European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers Association (ETRMA)
- Brandon Kuczenski, Principal at Scope 3 Consulting (virtual)
- Maureen Kline, Vice President, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Pirelli Tire North America
- Andrew Thompson, Global Director, Sustainability Strategy, Bridgestone Corporation (invited)
- Derek Bradeen, Global Business Model Leader – Retreading & Recycling, Michelin
- Michael Rachita, Senior Program Manager with Innovation Technology, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (invited)
- Nick Santero, Leading Sustainability Science, Rivian
- Dr. Redmond Clark, CBL Industrial Services
- Peter Schroedter, Principal, Off the Road Recycling
- Paul Downey, CEO, Pliteq Inc.
- Rob Cumming, Head, Sustainability & Public Affairs at Lafarge Canada Inc (East)
- Emmie Leung, Emterra Group
For the full agenda with speakers visit the event programme page.
*Speakers may be subject to change based on availability.
The deadline to register at the “Early Bird” price is August 8. Register Now!
OPTIONAL TOUR OF LOCAL RECYCLING FACILITIES
“To bring additional value to the Symposium attendees, we are also looking into organizing a tour of two recycling facilities focused on TDF and TDA in Halifax on Friday October 6,” continues Hochu. “We are currently in process of gauging general interest from the attendees whether such tour would be of interest. We look forward to hearing from the registrants whether they are interested in this limited-availability optional tour.”
Lafarge Brookfield is Atlantic Canada’s only cement plant. The operation uses scrap tyres to replace fossil fuels needed for the operation. This tour would include the fully automated TDF system and the cement plant operation. Halifax C & D Recycling Limited (HCD) manufactures and markets TDA produced from scrap tyres into usable civil engineering materials. This tour includes a full tour of the facility.
Should you have questions regarding the event, please contact Michal Majernik, email@example.com.